6.26.2011

Clover Food Truck

Today I checked out the SoWa Open Market in the South End aka Food Truck Heaven. I have always been a fan of food trucks. Clover food truck was no exception. It was really tough to choose between the pimento cheese, eggplant and egg, chickpea fritter, or bbq seitan sandwich. They all sounded, looked, and smelled delicious! I decided on the chickpea fritter sandwich.

The sandwich was flavorful, with perfectly salty fried chickpea fritters. I really enjoyed the carrots and radish (I think it was radish) coleslaw for the coolness and crunchiness. I thought the cucumbers and pickles were unnecessary; I could barely taste them anyway with so many components in the sandwich. My only complaint that the sandwich was too heavy. Maybe using a lighter bread or somehow making the fritters smaller would make the sandwich more manageable to eat.

Overall I was seriously satisfied with this meal. Its funny, this $5 meal was way better than the $20 entree I ate in the North End last night. For the most part, you can't go wrong with food trucks. I think its a reflection of the food truck owners: they're young, smart, business savvy, creative, and know good food. I can't wait to go back to Clover and try more!

1 comment:

Pol Potsticker said...

The grand return of Battlefood! Pol Potsticker, for one, is thrilled to hear about all of the restaurants he never went to in Boston during his 5 years there. He also realizes he's never seen, let alone been to a food truck in Boston, but agrees with Napoleon's basic philosophy about their good/cheapness.

Now, if only General Tso would develop some polyphagia rather than treating it, we'd have some East Coast balance.